[DL] Fully Funded PhD Studentship
wolter at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Jul 13 16:15:26 CEST 2018
Fully funded PhD Studentship
This PhD project will be at the intersection of Computing and Mathematics. We expect that
techniques from mathematical logic and/or algebra are applied in knowledge representation
and/or database theory. Potential topics include:
(1) Algebraic and model-theoretic approaches to investigate weak modal and description logics.
(2) Algebraic and model-theoretic aspects of conservative extensions in description and temporal logics.
(3) Algebraic and model-theoretic approaches to theory approximation in modal and description logic.
(4) Model theory for logics of data evolving systems.
1. Supervisor: Prof Frank Wolter, Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool.
2. Supervisor: Prof Silvio Ghilardi, Department of Mathematics, University of Milan.
Start Date: Preferably October 1, 2018
Duration: 3.5 to 4 years
Eligibility: The studentship is only available to EU citizens
Studentship: Stipend £14.777 and Fees £4260 per annum
Contact: Frank Wolter (wolter at liverpool.ac.uk)
More information about the dl