[DL] 9 fully funded PhD positions in Computer Science at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
calvanese at inf.unibz.it
Sat Jun 2 18:26:34 CEST 2018
9 Fully Funded PhD Positions in Computer Science at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
9 four-years fully funded PhD positions and 3 additional PhD positions without grant are offered by the Faculty of Computer Science<http://www.inf.unibz.it/> of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano<https://www.unibz.it/> in Italy for its PhD programme<https://www.unibz.it/en/faculties/computer-science/phd-computer-science/>. Each grant amounts to 68,000€; for research visits abroad the grant increases up to 50%. Substantial extra funding (including a personal budget of 2,500€ per year) is available for participation to international conferences, schools, workshops, and research visits. The language of the PhD program is English.
The deadline for applications is the 9th of July, 2018.
For more info, the call, and to submit applications please consult the following webpage:
The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is located in one of the most fascinating European regions, the Dolomites. This young university has already established itself as an important research institution, both in Italy and abroad. According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018, the university is the 10th world’s best small university and it is the second best young Italian University. According to the same ranking, the Faculty of Computer Science of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is the third best Italian computer science department, and it is the best Italian computer science department for international outlook and for citations.
One PhD grant on process mining is offered in collaboration with Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK) in Trento under the supervision of Dr. Chiara Ghidini.
The remaining 8 PhD grants and the 3 positions without grant are offered within the 3 Research Centres of the Faculty of Computer Science in Bolzano on the research topics listed below.
Information and Database Systems Engineering (IDSE<https://www.inf.unibz.it/idse/>):
* Spatial and temporal databases;
* Processing data streams and time series data;
* Approximation techniques in databases;
* Query optimization in databases;
* Data mining and machine learning for personalization;
* Decision support and recommendation systems;
* Human-centered computing;
* Cooperative interfaces for information access and filtering;
* Interaction design;
* Edge computing architectures and platforms;
* Image processing and computer vision;
* Mathematical and scientific computing.
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD in one of these topics and would like to discuss about the opportunities of this call, please get in contact with Prof. Johann Gamper<mailto:gamper at inf.unibz.it>.
Knowledge and Data (KRDB<https://www.inf.unibz.it/krdb/>):
* Logic-based languages for knowledge representation;
* Intelligent data access and integration;
* Semantic technologies;
* Conceptual and cognitive modelling;
* Data-aware process modelling, verification, and synthesis;
* Business process monitoring, mining, and conformance;
* Temporal aspects of data and knowledge;
* Extending database technologies;
* Visual and verbal paradigms for information exploration;
* Reasoning with uncertain and imprecise knowledge.
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD in one of these topics and would like to discuss about the opportunities of this call, please get in contact with Prof. Diego Calvanese<mailto:calvanese at inf.unibz.it>.
Software and Systems Engineering (SwSE<https://www.inf.unibz.it/swse/>):
* Empirical software engineering;
* Mining software repositories;
* Software reliability and testing;
* automatic improvement and empirical investigation of software quality attributes;
* Recommendation systems in software engineering;
* Software system behavior;
* Software evolution and maintenance;
* Software visualization;
* Agile and lean processes;
* Lean startup and software startups;
* IoT, edge and cloud computing;
* Software architecture.
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD in one of these topics and would like to discuss about the opportunities of this call, please get in contact with Prof. Claus Pahl<mailto:Claus.Pahl at unibz.it>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl