[DL] Comprehensibility & Explanation in AI and ML (CEx) @ AI*IA 2017: DEADLINE EXTENSION (August 01, 2017)
Tarek R. Besold
tarek.besold at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 24 10:29:22 CEST 2017
=== Comprehensibility and Explanation in AI and ML (CEx) @ AI*IA 2017 ===
Location: University of Bari (Bari, Italy).
Date: Nov. 14 & 15 XOR Nov. 16 & 17, 2017.
Hosted at: AI*IA 2017, the 16th International Conference of the Italian
Association for Artificial Intelligence (http://aiia2017.di.uniba.it/).
== WORKSHOP WEBSITE ==
== INVITED SPEAKERS ==
Barbara Hammer, University of Bielefeld
Luc Steels, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
== REGISTRATION ==
Registration for the workshop is handled via the main conference website.
Please consult http://aiia2017.di.uniba.it/ for details.
== CALL FOR PAPERS ==
** Mission Statement **
CEx addresses fundamental questions for the nature of "comprehensibility"
and "explanation" in an AI and ML context from a theoretical and an applied
perspective. Research into philosophical approximations to what an
explanation in AI and ML is (or can be) or how the comprehensibility of an
intelligent system can formally be defined will be presented next to work
addressing practical questions of how to assess a systems comprehensibility
from a psychological perspective, or how to design and build better
explainable AI and ML systems.
** Fields of Interest **
The workshop brings together a diverse audience, including...
- ...participants from core areas of AI and ML,...
- ...cognitive scientists,...
- ...HCI researchers,...
- ...and practitioners from industry and business contexts.
** Accepted Submission Formats **
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit original papers that
have not been submitted for review or published elsewhere:
- Submitted papers must be written in English, must be formatted according
to the Springer LNCS style (templates and sample files are available from
- FULL PAPERS: Research and experience papers should not exceed 10 pages
- SHORT PAPERS: Position papers or technical notes should not exceed 6 pages
- All submitted papers will be judged based on their relevance, originality,
significance, technical quality, and organisation.
** Submission Website **
Submissions to CEx @ AI*IA 2017 should be made via EasyChair:
** Presentation **
Selected papers will be presented during the workshop. The workshop will
include extra time for discussion of the presentations allowing the group to
have a better understanding of the issues, challenges, and ideas being
** Publication **
Accepted papers will be published in official workshop proceedings within
the CEUR-WS.org series. Depending on the number and quality of accepted
papers, the organizers will consider organizing a special issue of a journal
as follow-up publication.
== IMPORTANT DATES ==
Deadline for paper submission: August 01, 2017 (anywhere on this planet)
Notification of paper acceptance/rejection: September 10, 2017
Camera-ready paper due: September 30, 2017
Workshop date: Nov. 14 & 15 XOR Nov. 16 & 17, 2017
== WORKSHOP ORGANISERS ==
- Tarek R. Besold (University of Bremen, Germany)
- Oliver Kutz (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy)
== PROGRAMME COMMITTEE ==
- John Bateman, University of Bremen
- Joanna Bryson, University of Bath
- Derek Doran, Wright State University
- Artur Garcez, City, University of London
- Yasemin Erden, St. Mary, London
- Barbara Hammer, University of Bielefeld
- Caroline Jay, University of Manchester
- Kristian Kersting, Technical University Darmstadt
- Antonio Lieto, University of Turin
- Fiona McNeill, Heriot-Watt University
- Rafael Penaloza, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
- Sarah Schulz, University of Stuttgart
- Gem Stapleton, University of Brighton
- Serge Thill, University of Skövde
- Leon van der Torre, University of Luxembourg
- Rebekah Wegener, RWTH Aachen University
- Christina Zeller, University of Bamberg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl