[DL] [CFP] In-Use track at the 5th Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST 2015)
jeffpan.sw at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:20:12 CEST 2015
Apologies for cross-posting
CALL FOR PAPERS of In-Use Track
The 5th Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST 2015)
November 11-13, 2015 (Wed - Fri)
Recommendation to SCI Journals
The best (candidate) papers of JIST2015 will be invited to present at the
Meet the Editor session of the following SCI indexed journals (more SCI
indexed journal will be added soon):
1. International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS)
2. Frontiers of Computer Science in China
3. International Journal of Web Services Research (IJWSR)
Selection criteria: for papers submitted to the research track and the
in-use track, we will select 4-6 best paper candidates based on reviewers'
recommendation. During the conference, authors of the selected papers will
propose extensions of their JIST2015 papers and get feedbacks from journal
editors (and possibly the PC chairs of JIST2015).
The Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST) is a regional
federation of Semantic Technology related conferences. The mission of JIST
is to bring together researchers in Semantic Technology research community
and other areas of semantic related technologies to present their
innovative research results or novel applications of semantic technologies.
JIST 2015, under the theme °∞Semantics for Big Data°±, solicits the
submission of original research papers on Semantic Web and other semantic
technologies, as well as papers on applications of semantic technologies.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Description of an implemented application of semantic technology in a
- Description of concrete problems in specific application domains, for
which semantic technology can provide a solution
- Analysis and evaluation of usability and uptake of semantic tools
Learned lessons and best practices from deploying and using an application
or service based on semantic technology
- Assessment of costs and benefits of implementing, deploying, using, and
managing semantic technology
- Analysis of risks and opportunities of using semantic technology in
organizations with respect to their businesses and customers
- Pragmatics of using or deploying semantic technology in real-world
- Comparison of semantic technology with alternative approaches that use
conventional or competing technologies
- Semantic technology in new application domains, including: eGovernment,
eHealth, smart cities, Life Sciences, Sensor networks, Media and
entertainment, Telecommunications, Cultural heritage, Financial services,
Energy and utilities, Manufacturing, Digital libraries, cloud applications,
Personal Information Management, etc.
Submissions to JIST 2015 in-use track should describe original, significant
research on the semantic technologies. Submissions to JIST 2015 are
expected to present their claimed contribution, with clear evidence to
support their claims. All submissions will be critically reviewed by at
least three members of the program committee. To assess submissions,
reviewers will judge their relevance to semantic technologies, their
originality, the technical soundness of their proposed approach and the
readability of the submission.
Submissions must be in PDF format, using the style of the Springer
Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Submissions must be no longer than *10* pages for the in-use track.
Submissions that are less than 10 pages can be considered. However, when
selecting best papers, we will give preference to those submissions that
are more than 9 pages. JIST 2015 will not accept submissions that are under
review for or have already been published in or accepted for publication in
a journal or another conference. Accepted papers will be published in an
Papers can be submitted electronically via
Please select the in-use track when you submit your paper(s).
* Important Dates
- Submissions Deadline: 23:59 (Hawaii Time), September 10, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: September 30, 2015
- Camera-ready Deadline: October 8, 2015
- Conference: November 11-13, 2015
- Juanzi Li, Tsinghua University, China
- Wendy Hall,University of Southampton, UK
- Kun Zhang, Sogou, China
- Yanjun Ma, Baidu, China
Organized by: JIST Steering Committee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl