[DL] First CfP: 28th International Workshop on Description Logics, DL 2015
Boris.Konev at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 11:46:32 CET 2015
[Apologies for cross-posting]
Preliminary Call for Papers
DL 2015: the 28th International Workshop on Description Logics, DL 2015
The DL workshop is the major annual event of the description logic research community. It is the forum at which those interested in description logics, both from academia and industry, meet to discuss ideas, share information and compare experiences.
The workshop will be held in Athens from June 7th to June 10th, 2015.
Paper registration deadline: March 2, 2015
Paper submission deadline: March 9, 2015
Notification of acceptance: April 17, 2015
Camera-ready copies: May 8, 2015
Workshop: June 7-10, 2015
We invite contributions on all aspects of description logics, including but not limited to:
* Foundations of description logics: decidability and complexity of reasoning, expressive power, novel inference problems, inconsistency management, reasoning techniques, and modularity aspects
* Extensions of description logics: closed-world and nonmonotonic reasoning, epistemic reasoning, temporal and spatial reasoning, procedural knowledge, query answering, reasoning over dynamic information
* Integration of description logics with other formalisms: object-oriented representation languages, database query languages, constraint-based programming, logic programming, and rule-based systems
* Applications and use areas of description logics: ontology engineering, ontology languages, databases, ontology-based data access, semi-structured data, graph structured data, linked data, document management, natural language, learning, planning, Semantic Web, and cloud computing
* Systems and tools around description logics: reasoners, software tools for and using description logic reasoning (e.g. ontology editors, database schema design, query optimisation, and data integration tools), implementation and optimisation techniques, benchmarking, evaluation, modelling
* Submissions may be either full papers of up to 11 pages (excluding references) presenting original research or extended abstracts of at most 3 pages (excluding references). There is no page limit on the list of references.
* All submissions must be formatted in the Springer LNCS style.
* Extended abstracts are designed only for authors who wish to announce results that have been published elsewhere, or which the authors intend to submit or have already submitted to a venue with an incompatible prior / concurrent publication policy. Papers presenting original research should be submitted as regular submissions.
* A clearly marked appendix (e.g., with additional proofs or evaluation data) may optionally be appended. It will be read at the discretion of the reviewers and not included in the proceedings. It does not need to be in LNCS format.
* Authors submitting extended abstracts are encouraged to include such an appendix, with sufficient material (e.g. copy of the already published paper or technical report) to judge the scientific merit of the work described in the extended abstract.
* Submission page: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dl2015
* Accepted papers and extended abstracts will be made available electronically in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings series (http://www.CEUR-ws.org/).
* Accepted submissions, be they full papers or extended abstracts, will be selected for either oral or poster presentation at the workshop. Submissions will be judged solely based upon their content, and the type of submission will have no bearing on the decision between oral and poster presentation.
* Diego Calvanese, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Programme co-Chair)
* Boris Konev, University of Liverpool (Programme co-Chair)
* Giorgos Stamou, National Technical University of Athens (Workshop co-Chair)
* Giorgos Stoilos, National Technical University of Athens (Workshop co-Chair)
* Information about submission, registration, travel information, etc., is available on the DL 2015 homepage: http://dl2015.image.ntua.gr
* Enquiries about the DL 2015 workshop can be made by contacting the organising committee.
* The official description logic homepage is at http://dl.kr.org/
University of Liverpool
Department of Computer Science
Liverpool, L69 3BX, UK
Email: konev at csc.liv.ac.uk<mailto:konev at csc.liv.ac.uk>
Tel: (+44) 151 795 4260
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl