[DL] CfP: ARCOE-Logic 2014 @ EKAW 2014
homola at fmph.uniba.sk
Sat Aug 23 21:31:29 CEST 2014
=== CALL FOR PAPERS ===
Acquisition, Representation and Reasoning about Context with Logic,
6th International Workshop (ARCOE-Logic 2014)
held in collocation with
The 19th International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge
Management (EKAW 2014), Linköping, Sweden
-- Important Dates --
Abstracts deadline: 22 Sep 2014
Paper deadline: 29 Sep 2014
Notification: 17 Oct 2014
Camera ready: 7 Nov 2014
Workshop dates: 24-25 Nov 2014 (tentative)
-- Description of the Workshop --
In recent years, research in contextual knowledge representation and
reasoning became more relevant in the areas of Semantic Web, Linked Open
Data, and Ambient Intelligence, where knowledge is not considered a
monolithic and static asset, but it is distributed in a network of
interconnected heterogeneous and evolving knowledge resources. Amounts of
data of ever increasing scale are now handled and processed, either in form
of datasets published on the Web or in form of sensor data streams. The
challenge to deal with the contextual nature of this data is therefore
brought to an unprecedented scale; however, also increasing opportunities
arise to build novel applications combining and reusing semantic data
across domains, depending on the ability to deal with the problems
associated with context and data contextuality. The ARCOE-Logic workshop
aims to provide a dedicated forum for the researchers to discuss recent
developments, important open issues and future directions in the area of
contextual knowledge representation and knowledge management.
-- Topics --
ARCOE-Logic welcomes submissions on the topics below as well as on their
intersection and other topics related to acquisition, representation,
reasoning with context and its applications. A non-exclusive list of
specific topics follows:
* Formal aspects of context acquisition, representation and
* Matching, combining and disambiguating knowledge sources via contextual
* Contextual search and information retrieval.
* Modelling of user's, agent's, and application's context.
* Ontologies for modeling and reasoning about contextual information.
* Effective reasoning with contextual knowledge.
* Exploiting context in inconsistency and uncertainty handling.
* Distributed evaluation of contexts.
* Tools and methodologies for handling context.
* Representing context in Semantic Web standards and enriching Linked Data
with contextual information.
* Applications of contextual knowledge representation and reasoning
in frame of the Semantic Web and beyond.
* Evolution of SW/LD and other knowledge resources in changing contexts.
-- Submission Requirements --
Submission of regular and position papers is possible. Regular papers are
intended for research reports and surveys. ARCOE-Logic also welcomes
reports on significant work in progress which has already achieved some
interesting partial results, as well as papers recently submitted or
published elsewhere as long as their topic is in line with the workshop.
Regular papers should not exceed 12 pages in length including references.
Position papers are intended for presentation of interesting new open
issues and challenges, and opinions on the status of the field. Position
papers are limited to 6 pages including references. All papers must be
formatted using the Springer LNCS style:
and submitted in PDF format via EasyChair using:
All submitted papers will be subject to blind (but not double-blind)
peer-review process. Accepted papers will be presented either as oral
presentations or as posters, depending on the choice of the program
committee. However, all accepted papers will be included in the Working
Notes in their full form. For the first time ARCOE-Logic 2014 will have
the workshop notes published either via CEUR-WS.org or via Archive.org.
-- Workshop Co-Chairs --
* Michael Fink, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Martin Homola, Comenius University of Bratislava, Slovakia
* Alessandra Mileo, INSIGHT Centre for Data Analytics, National University
-- Steering Committee --
* Alan Bundy, University of Edinburgh, UK
* Thomas Eiter, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Luciano Serafini, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy
-- Resources --
ARCOE-Logic 2014 website: http://www.arcoe.org/2014/
ARCOE workshop series: http://www.arcoe.org/
EasyChair submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=arcoelogic2014
EKAW 2014 website: http://www.ida.liu.se/conferences/EKAW14/home.html
Enquiries about the ARCOE workshop: arcoe [at] arcoe [dot] org
More information about the dl