[DL] [KARE 2014] Call of Papers - 6th Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition, Reuse and Evaluation || Marrakesh, Morocco, 23-27, November 2014
davy.monticolo at univ-lorraine.fr
Sat Aug 16 17:33:42 CEST 2014
Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups the following opportunity to submit and publish original scientific results to KARE 2014.
The submission deadline is september 6, 2014.
6th Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition, Reuse and Evaluation (KARE 2014)
SITIS 2014 - The 10th International Conference on SIGNAL IMAGE TECHNOLOGY & INTERNET BASED SYSTEMS
Marrakesh, Morocco, 23-27, November 2014
The International Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition, Reuse and Evaluation aims to bring together researchers, scientists, engineers, and scholar students to exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, and research results about all aspects of Knowledge, Ontology, Sermantic Web or Knowledge Engineering. We will discuss the practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted.
This workshop will focus on the theoreticians and practitioners concerned with developing methods and systems that assist the knowledge management process and assessing the suitability of such methods. Thus, the workshop includes all aspects of acquiring, modeling and managing knowledge, and their role in the construction of knowledge-based systems. Knowledge acquisition still remains the bottleneck for building a knowledge based system. Reuse and sharing of knowledge bases are major issues and no satisfactory solutions have been agreed upon yet. There is a wide range of research. Much of the work in this field has been knowledge acquisition. The advent of the age of digital information has brought the problem of knowledge reuse and knowledge evaluation. Our ability to analyze, evaluate and assist user in reusing knowledge present a great challenge of the next years. A new generation of computational techniques and tools is required to support the acquisition, the reuse and the evaluation of useful knowledge from the rapidly growing volume of information. All of these are to be discussed in this workshop.
Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
• Tools and techniques for knowledge acquisition, knowledge update and knowledge validation
• knowledge portals
• Web-based approaches for knowledge management
• Agent-based approaches for knowledge management
• Software agents for semantic web
• Semantic web-based knowledge management
• Tools, languages, and techniques for semantic annotation
• Semantic searching
• Semantic brokering
• CSCW and cooperative approaches for knowledge management
• Agent-based approaches for knowledge management
• Evaluation of knowledge acquisition techniques
• Information and knowledge structures
• Languages and frameworks for knowledge and knowledge modeling
• Ontology creation, evolution, reconciliation, and mediation
• Ontology-based approaches for knowledge management
• Knowledge delivery methods
• Knowledge life cycle
• Knowledge and information extraction and discovery techniques
• Corporate Semantic Webs for knowledge management
• Peer-to-peer approaches for knowledge management
• Knowledge extraction from images/pictures
• Intelligent knowledge-based systems
• Decision support and expert systems
• Re-usability of software/knowledge/information
• Semantic web inference methodologies
Submission deadline: September 6, 2014
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 6, 2014
Camera-ready: October 15, 2014
Author Registration: October 19, 2014
Each submission should be at most 8 pages in total including bibliography and well-marked appendices, and must follow the IEEE double columns publication format available at:
* Microsoft Word DOC
* LaTex Formatting Macros
Paper submission will only be online via: Easy Chair .
Only pdf files will be accepted. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits.
All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by I EEE Computer Society and referenced in IEEE Xplore Digital Library and major indexes. They will be available at the conference.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. Workshop registration fee is determined by SITIS. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
Davy Monticolo, Polytechnical Institute of Lorraine (France)
• Andrew Kusiak, The University of Iowa, USA
• Anthony Masys, Centre for Security Science, Canada
• Basim Alhadidi, Al Balqa’ Applied University, Jordan
• Carlo Tasso , Università di Udine, Italy
• Carsten Brockmann, Universität Potsdam, Germany
• Cathal Gurrin, Dublin City University, Ireland
• Céline Hudelot, MAS Laboratory, Ecole Centrale Paris, France
• Daniel O'Leary, University of Southern California, USA
• Dickson K.W. Chiu, Dickson Computer Systems, Hong Kong
• Dirk Malzahn, OrgaTech GmbH, Germany
• Dominique Decouchant, LIG de Grenoble - France & UAM Cuajimalpa - Mexico, Mexico
• Elise Lavoué, Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3, France
• Ernesto Exposito, LAAS/CNRS, Université de Toulouse, France
• Ezendu Ariwa, London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
• Hiep Luong, Research Associate, University of Arkansas, USA
• Jan Hidders, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
• Jan Martijn van der Werf, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, The Netherlands
• Jiankun Hu, University of New South Wales at the Australian Defence Force Academy, Australia
• Kenji Saito, Keio University, Japan
• M. Nasseh Tabrizi, East Carolina University, USA
• Marie-Helene Abel, Unité Mixte de Recherche Heudiasyc, University of Compiègne, France
• Marite Kirikova, Riga Technical University, Latvia
• Martine Cadot, LORIA laboratory, University of Nancy1, France
• Owen Molloy, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
• Paul Mc Kevitt, University of Ulster, Ireland
• Quang Nhat Nguyen, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
• Theodore Trafalis, University of Oklahoma, United States
• Xingquan Zhu, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
• Yonggang Zhang, Ingenuity Systems Inc., United States
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl