[DL] Reminder DL14: paper registration deadline is TODAY
Meghyn.Bienvenu at lri.fr
Fri Apr 11 07:39:00 CEST 2014
Today (Friday, April 11) is the deadline for paper registration.
Don't forget to register your paper(s)!
CALL FOR PAPERS
27th International Workshop on Description Logics (DL 2014)
Vienna, Austria, July 17--20, 2014
The DL workshop is the major annual event of the description logic
research community. It is the forum at which those interested in
description logics, both from academia and industry, meet to discuss
ideas, share information and compare experiences.
The workshop will be held at the Technical University of Vienna, from
July 17th to July 20th, 2014.
This year the DL workshop is part of the Vienna Summer of Logic, a vast event
hosting several major logic conferences and workshops (http://vsl2014.at/).
In particular, the workshop is co-located with KR 2014 and will share a joint
session with the International Workshop on Non-Monotonic Reasoning (NMR 2014).
Paper registration deadline: April 11, 2014
Paper submission deadline: April 18, 2014
Acceptance notification: May 26, 2014
Camera ready copies: June 15, 2014
Workshop: July 17-20, 2014
We invite contributions on all aspects of description logics,
including but not limited to:
* Foundations of description logics:
decidability and complexity of reasoning, expressive power,
novel inference problems, inconsistency tolerance,
reasoning techniques, and modularity aspects
* Extensions of description logics:
closed-world and nonmonotonic reasoning, defaults, epistemic
reasoning, temporal and spatial reasoning, procedural knowledge,
* Integration of description logics with other formalisms:
object-oriented representation languages, database query
languages, constraint-based programming, logic programming, and
* Applications and use areas of description logics:
ontology engineering, ontology languages, databases,
ontology-based data access, semi-structured data, document
management, natural language, learning, planning, Semantic Web,
and cloud computing
* Systems and tools around description logics:
reasoners, software tools for and using description logic
reasoning (e.g. ontology editors, database schema design, query
optimization, and data integration tools), implementation and
optimization techniques, benchmarking, evaluation, modeling
* Michael Benedikt, University of Oxford, UK
* Patrick Blackburn, University of Roskilde, Denmark
* Alon Y. Halevy, Google, USA
* Submissions may be either papers of up to 11 pages (excluding references)
or extended abstracts of at most 3 pages (excluding references) and must be
formatted in Springer LNCS style. There is no page limit on the list of
* Extended abstracts are designed for authors who wish to announce results
that have been published elsewhere, or which the authors intend to submit
or have already submitted to a venue with an incompatible prior / concurrent
* A clearly marked appendix (e.g., with additional proofs or evaluation data)
may optionally be appended. It will be read at the discretion of the reviewers
and not included in the proceedings. It does not need to be in LNCS format.
* Authors submitting extended abstracts are encouraged to include such an
appendix, with sufficient material (e.g. copy of the already published paper
or technical report) to judge the scientific merit of the work described in
* Submission page: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dl2014
* Accepted papers and extended abstracts will be made available electronically
in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings series (http://www.CEUR-ws.org/).
* Accepted submissions, be they full papers or extended abstracts, will be
selected for either oral or poster presentation at the workshop. Submissions
will be judged solely based upon their content, and the type of submission
will have no bearing on the decision between oral and poster presentation.
* Meghyn Bienvenu, CNRS & University of Paris-Sud (Program co-Chair)
* Magdalena Ortiz, Vienna University of Technology (Workshop co-Chair)
* Riccardo Rosati, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy (Program co-Chair)
* Mantas Simkus, Vienna University of Technology (Workshop co-Chair)
* Information about submission, registration, travel information, etc.,
is available on the DL 2014 homepage: http://dl.kr.org/dl2014
* Enquiries about the DL 2014 workshop can be made by contacting the
* The official Description Logic home page is at http://dl.kr.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl