[DL] Post-doc position in the SHELL project at Trento RISE and FBK, Trento, Italy
ghidini at fbk.eu
Thu Mar 21 15:42:40 CET 2013
[apologies for cross-postings]
3 years post-doc position in the SHELL project at Trento RISE and FBK, Trento, Italy.
Application deadline: 30.04.2013 (by 12.00 p.m.)
The 'New Talent Program" of the Trento RISE Association is seeking candidates for a post-doc position to work in the newly started “Shape and Evolve Living Knowledge (SHELL)” project at the Bruno Kessler Foundation, Center for Information Technology (FBK-ICT).
The successful applicant will jointly work in Trento RISE and FBK-ICT.
Within the scope of shaping conceptual models from textual data, the SHELL project (http://shell.fbk.eu) is looking for a candidate to carry out research activities in the field of Natural Language Processing and Knowledge Engineering, and in particular on the usage and definition of information extraction algorithms, methodologies and tools for the semi-automatic construction of ontologies and workflow models. The activities will focus on the use of Natural language techniques to extract dynamic entities from text (e.g., activities) and their relations (e.g., causal or temporal relations), and on the development of NLP methodologies, techniques and tools for the construction of conceptual models in the form of ontologies and processes.
The candidates are expected to work in collaboration with other researchers, programmers, and students involved in the project in an interdisciplinary team, and to collaborate with the research units involved in the project, in particular the Data and Knowledge Management (http://dkm.fbk.eu) and the Human Language Technology (http://hlt.fbk.eu) research units at FBK-ICT.
• Ph.D. degree in computer science, mathematics or electronic engineering;
• Theoretical background in Natural Language Processing, particularly in information extraction;
• Experience with machine learning, knowledge representation and knowledge engineering;
• Skills in experimental work and software development;
• Ability to carry out an independent program of research;
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and deliver in research projects;
• Oral and written proficiency in English.
• Ph.D. related to the topic of the call;
• Experience with practical applications;
• Soft skill (e.g., communication, teambuilding, problem solving, etc.)
• Type of contract: Research position - Full time
• Number of positions: 1
• Gross salary: from 35.000 to 38.000,00 Euro per year (depending on the candidate’s experience)
The salary is paid in monthly deferred installments.
• Start date: from May 2013
• Duration: up to 3 years
• Workplace: via Sommarive 18 - Povo, Trento (Italy)
To apply online, please send your detailed CV (pdf. format) including a statement of interest and the contacts of three reference persons.
Please include in your CV your authorization for the handling of your personal information as per the Italian Personal data Protection Code, Legislative Decree 196/2003 and send a copy of your ID card. To the application, the applicant must also attach his/her Ph.D. Certificate and a list of any publications, certificates or other qualifications (if any) considered relevant for assessing the candidate’s abilities in relation to this Call.
Please note that in the application the candidate must declare clearly, precisely and under his/her own responsibility, the following:
• Personal information: date and place of birth, nationality, residence and contact address during the selection procedure (i.e., specifying postal code, Italian Tax Identification Number and/or National Insurance Number and, if possible, telephone number);
• Citizenship: applicants who are citizens of a Country that is not a European Union Member State must have already possess or at least requested a Work Residence Permit. This requirement is not mandatory for the current application, but if the Residence Permit or related requests are not presented when the contract will be stipulated all the related rights will be forfeited;
• Post-graduate Degree: MSc, Laurea Quadriennale, Laurea Specialistica, or Laurea Magistrale;
• Doctoral Degree.
Applications must be sent to ufficiorisorseumane at trentorise.eu.
Emails should have the following reference code: NT_SHELL_PostDoc2012
Application deadline: 30.04. 2013 (by 12.00 p.m.)
Only applications received before the aforementioned deadline will be considered.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Service at the above-mentioned email address and
refer to the official call at http://www.trentorise.eu/jobs/1-3-13/post-doc-position-new-talent-program-shape-and-evolve-living-knowledge-shell-project
More information about the dl