[DL] Call for Workshops - 10th ESWC 2013 - Semantics and Big Data - May 26-30, 2013 - Montpellier, France.
fabien.gandon at inria.fr
Wed Sep 19 19:15:39 CEST 2012
10th ESWC 2013 -- Semantics and Big Data
May 26-30, 2013. Montpellier, France.
==== Call for Workshops ====
The organizers the 10th ESWC cordially invite you to submit a workshop proposal. ESWC is a major venue for discussing the latest scientific results and innovations in the field of Semantic Web technologies.
Co-located workshops at ESWC conferences are distinguished meeting points for discussing ongoing work and latest ideas related to semantics and the Semantic Web. Of particular interest are workshop proposals with an interdisciplinary standpoint, proposals focusing on a specific technology of general interest, or gathering a sub-community. We encourage the submission of workshop proposals on:
- Fundamental problems of the semantic web such as heterogeneity, scalability and distribution,
- Applications of Semantic Web technologies in specific domains,
- Important enabling technologies and their adaptation to the needs of the Semantic Web, and
- Aspects of Semantic Web research that have been neglected so far.
*** General Information and Criteria ***
Each proposal will be reviewed by the members of the workshop programme committee, and ranked based on the overall quality of the proposal and the workshop's fit to the conference as detailed below. Their recommendation will determine the final decision on the acceptance/rejection of each proposal, which is to be taken by the workshop and tutorial chairs as well as by the local and the general chair of ESWC 2013.
The criteria for judging the quality of workshop proposals are as follows:
- Co-located workshops cover topics falling in the general scope of the ESWC conference (refer to http://www.eswc-conferences.org).
- Workshops are intended to be genuine interactive events and not mini-conferences.
- We welcome workshops with creative structures and organizations that attract various types of contributions and ensure rich interactions.
- They are clearly focused.
- There is potentially a significant community interested in the workshop's topic.
- Workshop duration can be half a day or a full day.
- We advise having more than one organizer and no more than four, preferably from different institutions, bringing different perspectives to the workshop topic.
In case overlapping workshops are proposed, the workshop chair may contact the organisers to discuss the possibility of merging workshops. Please note that the duration of a workshop might need to be adjusted based on the overall number of submissions received. Further, workshops that receive less than 5 submissions or have less than 10 people registered at the early registration deadline might be canceled.
The organizers of accepted workshops will be responsible for their own reviewing process, publicity (e.g., website and call for papers), and proceedings production. They will be required to closely cooperate with the Workshop Chair and the ESWC 2013 local organizers to finalize all organizational details. Workshop attendees must pay the ESWC 2013 workshop registration fee, as well as the conference registration fee.
Organizers of workshops and tutorials will get a free registration for workshop and tutorials, i.e. they will only have to pay the main conference fees.
Further, each workshop or tutorial that attracts more than 15 registered participants (excluding the organizers) will get one full registration for the conference. This registration can be used for example to pay for an invited speaker.
*** Submission Guidelines ***
Workshop proposals have to be submitted via Easychair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eswc2013workshops). Each proposal must consist of a single PDF document, not longer than 3 pages, which contains the following information:
1. The title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying its goals and motivation.
2. A brief discussion of why the topic is of particular interest at this time.
3. A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest, the workshop audience, as well as the expected number of participants.
4. A brief description (draft outline) of the proposed workshop format, discussing the mix of events such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, hacking session, or general discussion.
5. A list of (potential) members of the program committee (at least 50% have to be known and confirmed at the time of the proposal).
6. An indication of whether the workshop should be considered for a half-day or full-day event.
7. If there have been previous editions of the workshop, their short description, including URLs as well as some statistics about submissions and acceptance rate, plus number of participants.
8. The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the proposed organizing committee and short description of their relevant experience. Preferably a single contact person per submission.
The best papers of each workshop will be included in the supplementary proceedings of ESWC 2013, which will appear in the Springer LNCS series.
*** Workshop Chair ***
Johanna Völker (University of Mannheim, DE)
voelker at informatik.uni-mannheim.de
*** Programme Committee ***
Chris Bizer (University of Mannheim, DE)
Dieter Fensel (University of Innsbruck, AT)
Aldo Gangemi (CNR Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technology, IT)
Asuncion Gomez-Perez (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, ES)
Frank van Harmelen (VU University Amsterdam, NL)
Pascal Hitzler (Kno.e.sis Center, Wright State University, Dayton, US)
Enrico Motta (The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK)
*** Important Dates ***
Workshop proposals due: Nov 23, 2012 - 23:59 Hawaii Time
Notification of acceptance: Dec 7, 2012 - 23:59 Hawaii Time
Workshop Web site due: Dec 17, 2012 - 23:59 Hawaii Time
Workshop camera-ready proceedings due: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:59 Hawaii Time
Workshop days: May 26 and May 27, 2013
*** Suggested Timeline for Workshops ***
Submission deadline: March 4, 2013
Notifications: April 1, 2013
Camera ready version: April 15, 2013
fabien, inria, @fabien_gandon, http://fabien.info
More information about the dl