[DL] (no subject)
yuting.zhao at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Sep 14 16:33:24 CEST 2012
Apologies for cross-posting!
* CALL FOR PAPERS
* 8th International Workshop on Semantic Web Enabled Software Engineering
* (for previous workshops, see http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~jpan/)
*******Deadline: 5 October, 2012******
* located at the Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST)
* 2 to 4 December 2012
* Nara, Japan
There has been more and more evidence that the usage of Semantic Web technologies leads to improvements in both the process and product of software development activities. The goal of the SWESE workshop is to advance research on this important area. We believe that the informal nature of the workshop, located at one of the major events of Semantic Web, will lead to further exchange between practitioners and researchers working on issues related to Semantic Web Enabled Software Engineering by providing a forum for discussing the major challenges of the area and the different approaches being taken to resolve them.
While the intended audience for this workshop includes those with experience or interest in Automatic Software Engineering, Software Engineering, requirement engineering, OO/UML/MDA, software maintenance, Semantic Web, Software/legacy Modernization, Formal methods and languages.
* Visions for Semantic Web driven software engineering
* Tools developed or being developed for software engineering using SW languages
* Integration or application development projects combining Software Engineering techniques and Semantic Web tools or languages
* Shortcomings with the Semantic Web with respect to Software Engineering
* Uses, extensions and/or issues with ODM
* Visions for SW driven software modernization
* Integration of UML, OO programming languages and Semantic Web languages
* Integration of formal methods and Semantic Web languages
* Software specification and Semantic Web languages
* Software versioning control and Semantic Web
* Software debugging and Semantic Web
* Ontologies for software engineering
* Ontologies for requirement engineering
* Ontologies for software guidance, traceability and maintenance
* Component discovery and ontologies
* Feature modelling and ontologies
* Metamodel engineering
* Ontology reasoning for software engineering
* Semantic annotations in software engineering
* Transitioning legacy applications to ontologies
* Semantic-based intelligent assistance tools for software developers
* Lessons learnt and outstanding challenges for the usage of semantic technologies in software engineering
* Ontology-Driven Architecture: How to introduce Semantic Web technology into mainstream development processes
* Ontologies for supporting collaboration/coordination between developers
* Semantic-based information push for software development process
* Methods and tools for semantic-based event-driven interaction in software development
Workshop Format and Attendance:
This will be a half day workshop, including a keynote presentation and technical talks discussing competing and complementary visions for Semantic Web enabled software engineering. This workshop is open to all members of the JIST community, as well as other communities identified in Intended Audience above, such as the Software Engineering community.
Submission of a paper is not required for attendance at the workshop. However, in the event that the workshop cannot accommodate all who would like to participate, those who have submitted a paper will be given priority for registration.
We encourage those who plan to attend this workshop, to register early in order to help conference organizers with their planning as well as insure that the workshop is not cancelled do to projected poor attendance.
Elisa F. Kendall, Sandpiper Software, Inc., USA
Jeff Z. Pan, University of Aberdeen, UK (contact)
Ljiljana Stojanovic, FZI, Germany
Yuting Zhao, University of Aberdeen, UK
Program Committee (Tentative)
* Uwe Assman (DE), Technical University of Dresden
* Colin Atkinson (DE), University of Mannheim
* Ken Baclawski (US), Northeastern University
* Roberta Cuel (IT), University of Trento
* Paola Di Maio (UK), University of Strathclyde
* Jin Song Dong (SG), National University of Singapore
* Jürgen Ebert (DE), University of Koblenz
* Andreas Friesen (DE), SAP Research
* Dragan Gasevic, (CA) Simon Fraser University Surrey
* Michael Goedicke (DE), University of Essen
* Jakob Henriksson (US), Intelligent Automation, Inc.
* Mitch Kokar (US), Northeastern University
* Harald Kühn (AT), BOC
* David Martin (US), SRI International
* Krzysztof Miksa (PL), Comarch
* Jishnu Mukerji (US), Hewlett-Packard Company
* Daniel Oberle (DE), SAP Research
* Fernando Silva Parreiras (DE), University of Koblenz
* Yuan Ren (UK), University of Aberdeen
* Dave Reynolds (UK), Epimorphics Ltd
* Michael K. Smith (US), Hewlett-Packard
* Hai Wang (UK), Aston University
* Andrea Zisman (UK), City University, London
Authors are invited to submit original contributions of practical relevance and technical rigor, experience reports, and show case / use case demonstrations of effective, practical technologies or applications combining software engineering with semantic technologies.
Papers must be in English and may be submitted at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swese2012 as:
- Full Papers (15 pages in the proceedings)
- Short Papers (5-8 pages in the proceedings)
- Position Statements (2 pages in the proceedings)
- Posters (to be presented during the workshop, with 2 page descriptions
submitted via the conference site for review)
Please upload all submissions as PDF files in LNCS format (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html). Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 PC members based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition. Authors are requested to upload their complete papers by 19 November, 2012.
Publication details will be posted to the workshop web site, http://www.odsd.eu/swese/swese2012, as they become available.
Submission deadline: 5 October,2012
Notification of acceptance: 5 November, 2012
Final submissions due: 19 November, 2012
Workshop proceedings available: 26 November, 2012
The workshop is being held in cooperation with a prominent network of excellence and is meant to act as a focal point for joint interests and future collaborations. Interested sponsors are welcome to contact the program committee.
The University of Aberdeen is a charity registered in Scotland, No SC013683.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl