[DL] Tenure Track Research Position in Data and Knowledge Management at FBK Trento Italy
serafini at fbk.eu
Tue Sep 11 11:54:48 CEST 2012
Tenure Track Research position
Opening date: 26 July 2012
Closing date: 15 October 2012
For additional info please contact Luciano Serafini<https://dkm.fbk.eu/index.php/Luciano_Serafini>
Official announcement is available here<http://risorseumane.fbk.eu/it/node/234>
The Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK)<http://www.fbk.eu> conducts research activities in Information Technology, Materials and Microsystems, Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Italian-Germanic historical studies, Religious studies and International Relations. Through its network, it also develops research in the fields of international relationships, conflict causes and effects, European economic institutions, behavioral economics and evaluative assessment of public policies.
FBK ICT<http://cit.fbk.eu> focuses research on key areas of information technology with the aim to provide a practical and experimental evidence of its added value for the market, cultural growth, and social welfare. Our research aims to push innovation through the construction of a networked system that involves companies, other research institutions, universities, public bodies, and end-users. FBK ICT research activities focus on three main areas: Engineering, Content and Interaction.
The FBK ICT Center is organized in Research Units. The teams are international and include senior and young researchers, postdocs, PhD students, project managers, system architects and programmers coming from different countries. Research Units are strongly encouraged towards collaborations and projects that can exploit synergies among different competences.
The Data and Knowledge management Research Unit<http://dkm.fbk.eu> of FBK is offers a tenure track position for a senior researcher in the area of machine learning and knowledge representation and reasoning. More information about the DKM unit is available at <http://dkm.fbk.eu>
The candidate is expected to contribute original research results inside leading edge international projects. The aim is to advance the state-of-the-art in designing algorithms that combines scalable logical reasoning with statistical inference and inductive reasoning from large mount of data. The proposed solutions should be applicable in practical domains. The candidate should:
* contribute to the research of the DKM unit by drawing ideas and contributions from different areas, such as machine learning, semantic web, logics for knowledge representation, reasoning algorithms, statistical inference and inductive reasoning;
* contribute to develop and exploits the research results within leading edges international research and industrial projects;
* contribute to improve the connection of DKM and FBK in general with the international scientific communities of the semantic web, knowledge engineering and representation, automated reasoning and machine learning.
* PhD degree
* Experience in knowledge representation and reasoning
* Experience in machine learning and inductive reasoning
* Skills in experimental work and development of algorithms
* Experience in creating and maintaining international scientific contacts
* Experience in research international fund raising
* Experience in coordinating (small) research groups
* Experience in supervising master and Ph.D students
* Oral and written proficiency in English
* Strong team work attitude
* Ability to work and deliver in funded research projects
* PhD related to the topics of this profile
* Experience in leading technology transfer projects
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment, with a strong commitment to achieve assigned objectives and to realize practical applications
* Soft skill (communication, teambuilding, problem solving etc)
* Preference will be given to candidates with a basic knowledge of the Italian language.
* Due to FBK's attempt to promote equal opportunity and gender balance, in case of equal applications, female candidates will be given preference.
Type of contract: Tenure track position (max 3 years)
Work time: full time 38h per week
Number of position: 1
Gross salary: from 41.000 to 49.000 € per year (depending on the candidate experience)
Benefit: 28 vacation days per year, flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa, formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank accounts, public transportation, sport, accommodation and language courses fees.
Start date: end 2012 beginning 2013
Place: Via Sommarive 18, 38123, Trento (Italy)
To apply online, please send your detailed CV (.pdf format) including a list of publications, statement of research interests and contact information for at least two references. Please send your curriculum with permission of the Personal data Protection Code, Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 June 2003. Applications must be sent to jobs at fbk.eu<mailto:jobs at fbk.eu>. Emails should have the following reference code TenureTrackICT_2012DKM
Application deadline: 15 October 2012
Those candidates who will pass the preliminary curricula screening will be contacted shortly for an interview. Those applicants who will not be selected, will be notified of the exclusion at the end of the selection process.
Please note that FBK may contact those candidates admitted to evaluation within a period of 6 months for selection process of similar vacancies. For transparency purposes, the name of the selected candidate, if he or she has accepted the position, will be published on the FBK website at the bottom of the selection notice.
More information about the dl