[DL] is logic universal?
universal.logic at ufc.br
Wed Oct 20 12:59:44 CEST 2010
A special issue of the journal Logica Universalis dedicated to the
question "is logic universal?" has been released.
The authors have tried to answer the following questions:
1. Do all human beings have the same capacity of reasoning? Do men, women,
children, Papuans, yuppies, reason in the same way?
2. Does reasoning evolve? Did human beings reason in the same way two
centuries ago? In the future will human beings reason in the same way? Are
computers changing our way of reasoning? Is a mathematical proof
independent of time and culture?
3. Do we reason in different ways depending on the situation? Do we use
the same logic for everyday life, in physics, and in questions to do with
4. Do the different systems of logic reflect the diversity of reasoning?
5. Is there any absolute true way of reasoning?
Logica Universalis - Journal
Studies in Universal logic - Book Series
World Congress and School on Universal Logic
More information about the dl