[DL] Request for "Good" Ontologies
Michael F Uschold
uschold at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 07:03:00 CET 2010
This message is about an effort you may wish to know about and hopefully
*WHAT: **T*he NeOn project <http://www.neon-project.org/> is supporting an
effort to collect high quality ontologies.
I invite you to submit one or more "exemplary
to a growing catalog in the Ontology Design Patterns
Identify one or more ontologies that:
- you have significant knowledge or experience with,
- you regard as an excellent example of a "high quality" ontology
See: "What is an Exemplary
ideas about this; edit them if you wish.
Can you or any of your colleagues think of exemplary ontologies to add to
the catalog? Think first about the ontologies you have used that are
authored by others, rather than your own.
*WHY: to make it easy for people to find good ontologies to draw
inspiration from and to emulate.*
* If you don't have much time, I will make it easier by talking you through
it on the phone. I'm UscholdM on Skype.*
*HOW: Quick Instructions:*
1. Visit *Ontology Design Patterns Wiki*<http://ontologydesignpatterns.org/>
2. Click the "*How to
lower left of the page; follow instructions to get a login name and
---Or paste: http://ontologydesignpatterns.org/wiki/Odp:Register into
3. See: "*What is an Exemplary
link for some criteria
---Or paste: h
4. Visit *Exemplary Ontology
to make sure the ontology is not already there.
---Or paste: http://ontologydesignpatterns.org/wiki/Ontology:Main into
5. Click the *Su**bmit a new Exemplary Ontology* button.
6. Fill out a form describing various aspects of the exemplary ontology.
Key fields are:
1. *Name *of ontology
2. *Description (Short)*
3. *Purpose *of the ontology
4. *Justification *(why you think this is an exemplary ontology)
5. *URI *of where to find the ontology
6. *References *One or more references to learn more.
Thanks very much,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl