[DL] Last call for participation - International Semantic Web Conference, October 2008, Karlsruhe Germany
dingl at cs.rpi.edu
Mon Sep 29 15:45:44 CEST 2008
(apology for cross posting)
You are invited to ISWC 2008, the major international forum for the
The conference serves introductory tutorials, cutting-edge research
exhibitions of the latest business products, and many social activities.
offers great social networking opportunities for meeting academic leaders,
industrial practitioners, researchers, developers, and students.
ISWC 2008 will be held in Karlsruhe Germany, October 26-30, 2008.
Please register online by October 9 to save 100 eu and take advantage of
hotel offers which are good if made four weeks in advance.
==Highlights of the Conference Program==
* 11 tutorials on, e.g., Introduction to Semantic Web, Ontology, RDFa,
Business Intelligence, Health Care, Applications, Linked Data.
* 13 workshops on, e.g., e-science, semantic reasoning, software
web service, knowledge extraction, scalability, and social network.
* 10 keynote and invited industrial talks
- Multimedia Semantic Web, Ramesh Jain (UCI)
- Freebase: An Open, Writable, John Giannandre (Metaweb Technologies)
- How can the Semantic Web Community be more convincing, Stefan Decker,
(DERI Galway, Ireland)
- Semantic Wikis: Fusing the two strands of the Semantic Web, Mark
Greaves (Vulcan Inc.)
- Internet of Services, York Sure (SAP Research)
- Semantic Web @ BBN, Mike Dean (BBN)
- Data Intelligence, Evelyne Viegas (Microsoft Research)
- Semantic Web in Asia: Example Use Cases, Tony Lee (SaltLux)
- Making the Web searchable, Peter Mika (Yahoo Inc),
- Semantic Web from an industry perspective, Jürgen Angele (Ontoprise)
* 57 paper presentations, including 14 in Semantic Web in-use track
* 55 posters and 32 demonstrations, a panel on OWL2, and lightning talks
* social events, social networking, reception, banquet and dancing.
- see http://iswc2008.semanticweb.org/program/social-events/
- see http://iswc2008.crowdvine.com/ for meeting people
* co-located events: RR'2008 and OWLED'2008
The complete conference program is available at
More information about the dl