Re: [DL] some problems of DL Reasoning

李志明 zeiming at
Fri Nov 2 06:42:45 CET 2007

You can't set K to {A,B},because A and B are just concept descriptions, not axioms, such as equivalence or subsumption between concept descriptions, instance assertions.

发件人:Jun Fang
发送日期:2007-11-02 01:40:22
收件人:dl at
主题:[DL] some problems of DL Reasoning

Dear All,

I am new to the Description Logics. I have met some problems.

As we know, K |= C <==> ¬C unsatisfiable with K,
here K is a DL knowledge base, and C is a concept

If K is set to {A,B}, and C is set to ¬(A∧¬B), then ¬C is unsatisfiable with
it means K|=A subclassof B

I must be missing something obvious here. Can someone can tell me the reason

Thank you for any comments!

Best Regards!

Jun Fang - PhD candidate,
Control & Networks Institute,
College of Automation,
Northwestern Polytechnical University,
Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, China
E-mail:leon.essence at
**  You received this mail via the description logic mailing list; for more  **
**  information, visit the description logic homepage at  **