[DL] ISWC 2006: CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS (Last Date April 3rd)
VKASHYAP1 at PARTNERS.ORG
Sat Mar 25 03:22:45 CET 2006
The ISWC 2006 Program Committee invites proposals for the Workshop Program of
the Fifth International Semantic Web Conference, to be held November 5-9, 2006,
in Athens, Georgia, United States. Workshops will be held on Sunday, November 6,
The purpose of the workshops is to provide an informal setting for workshop
participants to discuss
technical issues, to exchange research ideas, and to develop a community in the
field of the Semantic Web. We are also looking for workshops that encourage
discussions on user
and business requirements and how semantic web technologies can be deployed and
in real world scenarios. In particular, from a content perspective, we will
encourage workshops that
investigate the use and application of semantic web technologies in specific
domains and explore
best practices and adaptation of those technologies in these contexts. These
workshops are expected
to complement those that focus on fundamental research issues and
Workshop proposals should address current issues related to the Semantic Web
that will benefit from
small-group information exchange and discussion. Workshops are intended to be
events and not mini-conferences. We expect to have a wide range of workshops,
including those that
- focus on a specific domain of activity, e.g., finance, telecom, life science,
digital government, etc.
- focus on fundamental research issues,
- discuss multi-disciplinary topics that bring together researchers from
- support the interaction of research and industry for the deployment and
operationalization of Semantic Web
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
Workshop proposals should be no more than 3 pages in length and should contain
the following information:
- The title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the
goals and the technical issues that it
will focus on.
- A brief discussion of why the topic is of particular interest at this time.
- A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest, the
- A brief description of the proposed workshop format, discussing the mix of
events such as paper presentations,
invited talks, panels, and general discussion.
- An indication of whether the workshop should be considered for a half-day or
- A list of related workshops or similar events held in the last 3 years, or to
be held in 2006.
- The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the proposed
organizing committee and short
description of their relevant experience.
We strongly advise having more than one organizer, preferably from different
institutions, bringing different
perspectives to the workshop topic. Workshop attendees must pay the ISWC 2006
workshop registration fee,
as well as the conference registration fee.
Please send your proposals by April 3, 2006 and any inquiries by email to Vipul
(vkashyap1 at partners.org). Workshop proposals may be submitted in any format,
Word, text or PDF
April 3, 2006: Workshop proposals due
May 1, 2006: Notification of proposal acceptance
May 8, 2006: URL for the workshop web page due
October 6, 2006: Electronic version of working notes for the workshop due
November 6, 2006: Workshop day
November 5-9: ISWC 2006 Technical Program.
Vipul Kashyap, Ph.D.
Senior Medical Informatician
Clinical Informatics R&D, Partners HealthCare System
To keep up you need the right answers; to get ahead you need the right questions
---John Browning and Spencer Reiss, Wired 6.04.95
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl