[DL] AST '06 Call for Papers
pscheir at know-center.at
Wed Jan 11 19:08:18 CET 2006
Please apologize if you receive multiple copies.
I-Know 2006 Special Track on
Advanced Semantic Technologies 2006 (AST '06)
Wednesday, 6th September 2006, Graz, Austria
Call for Papers for the I-KNOW '06 Special Track on Advanced Semantic Technologies 2006 (AST '06).
The I-KNOW '06 Special Track on Advanced Semantic Technologies addresses the emerging field of semantic technologies in knowledge management and information retrieval. Original papers are solicited and will be reviewed by a board of international experts.
Topics include but are not limited to:
* Retrieval based on knowledge organisation systems (KOS)
* Ontology powered information systems
* Ontologies and knowledge representation in applied knowledge management
* Probabilistics in knowledge representation
* Ontology learning and extraction
* Modeling and retrieval of semantic metadata
* Semantic analysis of structured and unstructured data
* Knowledge discovery in the Semantic Web
* Semantic agent technologies
Submissions might also address applications of semantic technologies in areas such as knowledge management, competency management, workflow management, search engines, decision support, e-learning, healthcare, mobile and pervasive computing or bioinformatics.
The area of semantic technologies combines a series of hot topics: The Semantic Web, knowledge organization systems (KOS), agent technologies and ontologies. While the Semantic Web is based on a series of definitions and aims to build a new way of sharing and searching for information in the Internet, knowledge organization systems and ontologies allow the formal definition of explicit knowledge. Agent technologies benefit from the explicit knowledge provided in the semantic web through processing it for completing their programmed tasks.
The areas of information retrieval and information systems find themselves facing new requirements: In information retrieval knowledge has to be integrated in the process of finding and ranking search results as well as in the processes of clustering and classifying information. Information systems aim to include ontologies for enhancing their results by using a knowledge base.
Within the Special Track on Advanced Semantic Technologies we aim to bring together researchers from different areas of semantic and knowledge based systems research to exchange experiences, present and talk about the results of their work and discuss hot topics.
The topics mentioned above are addressed at researchers and developers as well as at innovative practitioners and providers in the fields of semantic technologies. The special track will be held in English.
Submission Instructions and Procedure
Submissions should be handed in as full papers and should not exceed 8 pages. Please use the I-KNOW style guides (http://www.i-know.at/author_guidelines) and submit your contribution in PDF or MS Word format. In case of problems or questions concerning the submission (http://www.i-know.at/i_know_06/topics/submission) of papers, please contact the track chairs at ast at know-center.at.
Submissions, regardless of category, should include title, author(s), abstract, keywords, body, and references. Submissions are to be made electronically in PDF (Adobe's Portable Document Format) or MS Word format. Submissions are treated as confidential communications during the review process, so submission does not constitute public disclosure of any ideas therein. Submissions should contain no information or materials that will be proprietary or confidential at the time of publication, and should cite no publications that are proprietary or confidential at the time of publication.
* 03 April 2006 - Submission of the full paper (8 pages)
* 22 May 2006 - Notification of acceptance
* 26 June 2006 - Camera ready paper (8 pages)
* 06 September 2006 - AST 2006 special track
Accepted papers will be published within the I-KNOW '06 conference proceedings in cooperation with J.UKM and Springer Co. Pub. At least one author of an accepted paper must register for the I-KNOW conference before the deadline for camera-ready-copies of the papers (26 June 2006). Otherwise the paper will not be published.
The 6th International Conference on Knowledge Management (I-KNOW '06, http://www.i-know.at) is organized by the Know-Center, Austria's Competence Center for knowledge management. The organization team of the Special Track on Advanced Semantic Technologies consists of the following people:
* Mathias Lux, mlux at know-center.at
* Peter Scheir, pscheir at know-center.at
* Michael Granitzer, mgrani at know-center.at
* Stefanie Lindstaedt, slind at know-center.at
* Wernher Behrendt (Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft, Salzburg, Austria)
* Paul Buitelaar (German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, Saarbrücken, Germany)
* Harald Kosch (Klagenfurt University, Klagenfurt, Austria)
* Mathias Lux (Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria)
* Peter Scheir (Know-Center, Graz, Austria)
* Luciano Serafini (Centro per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica, Trento, Italy)
* Marc Spaniol (RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany)
* York Sure (University of Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany)
* Douglas Tudhope (University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, United Kingdom)
* Albert Weichselbraun (Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna, Austria)
DI Peter Scheir
Inffeldgasse 21a, 8010 Graz (Austria)
Tel: +43 316 873 9267
Fax: +43 316 873 9252
More information about the dl