[DL] Call for Papers, Special Issue of JSC
Wolfgang.Windsteiger at risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Tue Nov 26 13:25:17 CET 2002
Call for Papers
Journal of Symbolic Computation
Special Issue on
Logic, Mathematics and Computer Science: Interactions
Guest Editor: Deepak Kapur <http://www.cs.unm.edu/~kapur/> Information Page
The special issue is being put together to honor Professor Bruno
Buchberger's many achievements including the founding of the Journal of
Symbolic Computation. It will include some of the papers presented at
the symposium on Logic, Mathematics and Computer Science: Interactions
(LMCS'02) (http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/conferences/LMCS2002) held on
Oct. 20-22 at RISC-Linz.
We invite authors of the papers presented at LMCS'02 as well as others
to submit papers on topics related to Professor Buchberger's works and
interests, for instance (not excluding others):
* Logic : Automatic/natural deduction
* Math : Theory of Groebner bases and applications
* CS : Parallel/systolic/hybrid computation for symbolic computation
* Interaction: Uniform framework for formalizing, proving, solving
You might want to visit Professor Buchberger's web page:
http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/buchberg/index.html to check the relevance of your submission.
* Important Dates
Submission of papers: February 15, 2003
Notification of acceptance/rejection: June 15, 2003
Submission of revised versions: July 15, 2003
Delivery of camera-ready copies: August 1, 2003
Publication of special issue: October, 2003
* Submission Guidelines
* All submitted papers will be refereed according to the usual JSC
* The papers must be prepared using the new Academic Press LaTeX
Class File 'academic.cls'.
Instructions for formatting the paper is here:
You can find the sample files including the class file 'academic.cls'
in the web page of this special issue.
* The suggested length of a submission is between 20-30 pages, and
it should not exceed 45 pages.
* Electronic submissions should be sent as one e-mail (attachments
allowed) in Postscript to kapur at cs.unm.edu in the following format:
Subject: Submission to JSC Special Issue for LMCS2002
To: kapur at cs.unm.edu ---
Abstract: ............. (should be in ASCII)
Comment: I would like to submit this paper...
* The Postscript form must be interpretable by Ghostscript
<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/>, and must use standard fonts, or
include the necessary fonts.
More details can be found at
More information about the dl