The DL workshop is the major annual event of the description logic
research community. It is the forum at which those interested in
description logics, both from academia and industry, meet to discuss
ideas, share information and compare experiences.
DL 2011 will take place in Barcelona, Spain, from July 13 to July 16, 2011.
DL 2011 will be colocated with IJCAI 2011, the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
We invite contributions on all aspects of description logics, such as:
- foundations of description logics, including expressive power, decidability and complexity of reasoning, novel inference problems, and reasoning techniques for solving these problems;
- extensions of description logics, including, but not limited to, closed-world and nonmonotonic reasoning, defaults, epistemic reasoning, temporal and spatial reasoning, procedural knowledge, and query languages;
- integration of description logics with other formalisms, such as object-oriented representation languages, database query languages, constraint-based programming, logic programming, and rule-based systems;
- use of description logics in applications or areas such as ontology engineering, ontology languages, databases, semi-structured data, document management, natural language, learning, planning, semantic web, and grid computing;
- building systems based on description logics, with special emphasis on optimization and implementation techniques; and
- tools that exploit description logic reasoning, such as ontology editors, database schema design, query optimization, and data integration tools.
DL 2011 is supported by:
|Artificial Intelligence Journal|